Press Release: Introducing Australia's first pure global technology equity ETF
May 15, 2017
The technology sector is globally the second largest and fastest growing sector but is significantly under-represented in Australian investor portfolios.
ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF (ASX Code: TECH) which launched recently on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) marks the first opportunity for Australian investors to tap into a locally domiciled, broad-based, pure technology ETF.
Fund MER 0.45% p.a.
- Provides investors with access to the world's top technology companies including Apple, Alphabet (Google), Facebook, Oracle and Microsoft
- The index focuses on undervalued, high-quality technology businesses identified via Morningstar's MOAT strategy - which aims to maintain a sustainable competitive advantage over the long term
- Not limited to just the US, the index provides access to all developed world technology opportunities (20+ countries in which to choose from
- The underlying portfolio is currently comprised of 32 stocks across the US, Japan, Canada, Switzerland and Australia
- Equal weighting scheme gives all constituents an opportunity to contribute
- Australian domiciled so no need for W-8BEN Tax Forms
- Currency unhedged
Period Total Return in AUD (p.a.)
Morningstar Developed Markets Technology Moat Focus Index
MSCI World Information Technology Index
S&P/ASX 200 Index
MSCI World Index
Why Invest in Technology?
The ETF Securities team recently put together a piece 'Why diversifying into global tech makes sense' which specifically looks as why an Australian investors should consider the technology sector.
For more information on this ETF, please do not hesitate to contact us