Press Release: Introducing Australia's first pure global technology equity ETF
May 15, 2017
The technology sector is globally the second largest and fastest growing sector but is significantly under-represented in Australian investor portfolios.
ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF (ASX Code: TECH) which launched recently on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) marks the first opportunity for Australian investors to tap into a locally domiciled, broad-based, pure technology ETF.
Fund MER 0.45% p.a.
- Provides investors with access to the world's top technology companies including Apple, Alphabet (Google), Facebook, Oracle and Microsoft
- The index focuses on undervalued, high-quality technology businesses identified via Morningstar's MOAT strategy - which aims to maintain a sustainable competitive advantage over the long term
- Not limited to just the US, the index provides access to all developed world technology opportunities (20+ countries in which to choose from
- The underlying portfolio is currently comprised of 32 stocks across the US, Japan, Canada, Switzerland and Australia
- Equal weighting scheme gives all constituents an opportunity to contribute
- Australian domiciled so no need for W-8BEN Tax Forms
- Currency unhedged
Period Total Return in AUD (p.a.)
Morningstar Developed Markets Technology Moat Focus Index
MSCI World Information Technology Index
S&P/ASX 200 Index
MSCI World Index
For more information on this ETF, please do not hesitate to contact us